Eating a healthy diet can have a positive influence on your body. It is always good to keep yourself hydrated and by drinking plenty of water. But water is not the only way that you can use to keep yourself from being constipated. There are plenty of foods that one can eat that can act as a natural laxative.
- Aloe Vera-Aloe Vera is one of the most known laxatives in the world which is sometimes called aloe latex. They come packed with Vitamins, enzymes, minerals and electrolytes that help in healing the gut. E.g. Anthraquinones are present in Aloe Vera that acts like a laxative by increasing intestinal water content and stimulating mucus secretion. It also has anti-inflammatory components that reduce swelling and improve on the digestive system.
- Vegetables-Vegetables are a great source of fiber. They have plenty of magnesium. One of the most common deficiencies in adults is magnesium and hence eating vegetables comes with many benefits including a better digestive health.
- Fruits rich in fibre- Fruits such as berries, pears, apples and prunes provide high levels of fiber and water. In addition they have antioxidants which help to reduce inflammation in the digestive system. Fresh fruits such as apples and watermelons are more hydrating and stimulate your bowels.
- Coconut Water-Coconut water is a very good laxative that should be taken in consideration because some people find drinking too much loosens stools too much and can be uncomfortable. It can also be a very good to your body as it prevents you from being dehydrated
- Chia Seeds-Chia seeds works as a natural laxative. Chia seeds are usually combined with liquid to form a gelatinous substance that easily moves through your intestines. It helps to increase the fiber in your diet and absorbing water. They are usually the best for preventing constipation.